DIY Pikler Triangle is an option for parents to let their child have this beautiful toy because buying is not an option for everyone.
This Climbing Ladder is one of the most loved toys for toddlers because it is a captivating, attractive, and colorful indoor climbing structure for them considering their age and size. I loved the idea of Dr. Emmi Pikler, who Encourages parents to adopt Gross Motor Skills to help build their confidence and strength.
There are four options for you to go with Pikler. The first one is to import from Europe, the second one is to pay excessively for US-based enterprises, the third option is to do it yourself and the fourth one is to find Used Pikler Triangle For Sale.
Here are some Pikler Triangle DIY plans for you.
No doubt this climbing triangle is the best choice for your Montessori child, Although there are different types of Pikler Triangles are available, but I’m not too fond of the amount it will cost you.
However, it is logical and understandable because it is made of high-quality material, on the other hand, woodworking is quite expensive, even though it doesn’t fit everyone’s budget.
Therefore, I have shared some of the best Pikler triangle DIY approaches, after in-depth research that will help you build one yourself, which will also save your lots of money, but DIY Pikler is not child’s play you have to have some woodworking skills and know-how to use wooden tools.
Buying a Pikler Climbing Arch for your Montessori climber is not within everyone’s budget, and the DIY Pikler triangle will demand some equipment and material; additionally, you need to have some experience with tools and materials.
Both have some advantages and disadvantages, to help you choose according to your comfort I will give some pros & cons of the product you are looking to buy or build for your climbing baby.
Advantage of DIY
- DIY Pikler triangle will save your lots of money, you can build one under 100$
- You can make one according to your toddler’s age and requirements
- You don’t have to wait 2-3 months for shipment to arrive
- Once you have some experience in DIY you can build other Montessori toys comfortably
- You will need tools and materials that can only be used once if you don’t have some other wooden work
- You need to have some woodworking skills
- It is a very hectic and hardworking task
Advantages of Pikler triangle Bought
- It would be long-lasting if you bought it from some good store
- You don’t have to spend money on tools
- You can order one considering your child’s age and height
- The price tag is not friendly
- The shipment will take some time to arrive
- You cannot determine the quality of material
- If it’s not up to your toddle’s need, you have to face the difficulty of shipment return.
Pikler Triangle Alternative
There are some alternatives for this climbing structure for you, to choose a toy according to your toddler’s needs. Every child demands a different kind of environment, many afraid to climb on Pikler, some are not friendly with physical toys; furthermore, its price is ridiculous and not everybody can afford it.
Below is the list of some Pikler Triangle alternatives.
Choose according to your budget and your toddler’s need.
Toddlers can use this toy two ways: as a boat, as a platform to develop and maintain balance. It also provides easy and fun activities for your children.
- Rocking Boat is excellent for teamwork
- It provides fun activities while developing Gross Motor Skills
- You can help your child understand balance by inverting it
- It is too slippery
- Very small for 2 to 4 year old
Jungle Gym Indoor Playground
This indoor playground can stand by itself; on the other hand, this jungle gym is compact and colorful so children can learn about different colors. There is no needs to make holes or damage your ceiling.
- It Creates the play areas for both parents and children together
- It is easy to assemble as compared to Montessori Climber
- you can configure the slides and rings in a variety of way
- You can do many different things on it like swinging, sliding, and climbing
- It will last only a few years(1-2)
- The screws that hold the rungs in occasionally need to be tightened as they work their way out
- The bolts that hold the frame together are too small, so the structure is not solid
Multifunctional Set comprises of
- Swedish ladder
- Climbing net
- Monkey bars
- Gymnastic rings
Climbing Towers, Foam Playsets
They are sturdy, fun, and the safest possible toy for climbing. Your toddler can use it to read books, obstacle courses, and bed slides to encourage transitioning from the crib.
- Easy to clean (washable)
- It is lightweight, Additionally you can comfortably move it around
- Perfect for cold or wet days
- Great for extensive muscle activity
- It is not very long-lasting
- The distance between the largest piece and the others is too great to be safe when a fall happy